Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13, 2010: Blame Gadget Overload

I've been a terrible slacker about this "daily" photo blog.  I still have a bunch of pictures from a couple of months ago that I need to post.  What's my problem?  Gadgets.  First, the pictures I've already taken are sitting on the wife's desktop.  To post them, therefore, I have to make a point of sitting down at her computer for a while.  Second, I'm very disenchanted with my Blackberry Pearl.  It's great for the job for which it's intended, but I got my better half a new smart phone, the HTC HD2, and now I hate my Blackberry, which has thoroughly dissuaded me from using it to take pictures.  The HD2 has a built-in 5 megapixel camera, you see, and I can load pics directly from it to this blog.  Yes, the Blackberry does that too, but again, its 2 megapixel camera sucks.  My other excuse?  I left our good camera hanging on the dugout fence at a t-ball game, so we were camera-less for a while.  I replaced it with the Sony in the picture above, and it's quite compact, so I'll have to kick myself into gear and start packing it around with me more.  The biggest discouraging factor there, however, is the fact that I have to find the time to sit down at a computer at home to load the pictures.  Notwithstanding my excuses, I'll get back on top of this blog idea soon.

1 comment:

  1. I SO agree. The number one reason I don't post on our blog more often is because that requires actually sitting down at the computer, uploading the pictures, and then uploading them to our blog. Doesn't take so long, but seems so cumbersome!

    ReplyDelete