Monday, September 6, 2010

August 22, 2010: Old School Kid Stuff

This is Baby C eating in a high chair that my siblings and I used when we were babies.  Yeah, my mom still has it.  She mentioned getting a new one.  I said no way.  The old one is too cool and it takes up less space anyway.  Now that my parents are the grandparents, it's funny to see my kids discovering all the "old" stuff that doesn't seem so old to me.  A perfect example: my 5-year old nephew ran up to me and asked if he could play with my old Star Wars toys.  With far more sarcasm in my voice than a 5-year old can understand, I dryly said, "no, I don't want you guys messing with my stuff."  I was actually serious, although I didn't intend to hold out.  When the little guy's lower lip popped out and began to quiver, I had to relent, "I'm just kidding, buddy, let's go check it out."

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you took a picture of the old high chair. You forgot to add that the bar for the feet is gone so C's legs just got to dangle. Your siblings are always telling me that our house looks like a "grandma house." I guess if old stuff qualifies your house as a "grandma house" then my house is just that! Besides, if the old stuff still works why spend money on new stuff. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete