Monday, September 27, 2010

August 27, 2010: The Mustang Will Rise Again

There she sits, motionless but brimming with hot-rod potential, in my parents' garage.  Yes, mom and dad, I know I need to find a place to store it very soon.  Anybody who knows me knows I've been dreaming of fixing this thing up for more than half of my life.  Amazingly, she still fires right up with just a little bit of encouragement.  Someday it will look more like this:
This one is a '69; mine is a '70, but the body styles are for the most part identical.  Ford turned the mustang into a boat in '71.  1969 and 1970 are my favorite Mustang years.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will be able to fulfill your dream some day. I love the old car too. Just the sound of the motor is fun to listen to. They don't make cars the same way they used to. Going from an 8 cylinder car to a 4 isn't very exciting, which most cars are today. It's the motor and the body style that make a car. Too many people today just want all the fancy electronics inside the car. We will be moving your car back down to Grandma's garage until Jan actually moves in.

    ReplyDelete