Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011: "This Is No Rodeo; This is PBR"

That's a direct quote from the announcer at the PBR Touring Pro bull riding event the tykes and I attended Saturday night at George Mason University's Patriot Center.  Only people who know me well know that I actually sold western wear for a short time at my one of my friend's family's stores during college.  The best week or two of sales I saw was right before the PBR finals in Las Vegas as everyone in the area planning to make the trip stopped in for some new high-dollar western duds (did you know good felt cowboy hats can cost a $1,000, and a pair of Lucchesse boots won't cost much less?)!!  Well, those shoppers' excitement spurred my interest, and I've been watching bull riding on TV ever since, although not close enough to rate as a true fan. The Fairfax event was my first time seeing it live, and yes, I think you'll see me cowboyed up one day to watch the finals in Vegas, although I'm told tickets don't come cheaply or easily.

I mean, come on, what's not to like about this as a spectator sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment