Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 30, 2010: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream-of-Oat-Wheat-Meal

I wanted to try cooking oatmeal in the crock pot over night, but genius that I am, I forgot to plug it in, so it was well soaked but not cooked in the morning. My little girl (C, age 3) protested the very suggestion that she should eat oatmeal, and L (pictured) said he'd only eat cream of wheat. So I dumped the soaked oatmeal in a pot, brought it to a boil, and added some cream of wheat. L saw the cream of wheat go in, so he was satisfied. When C protested that she didn't want cream of wheat OR oatmeal, I assured her this was something different altogether--it's chocolate peanut butter cream of oat wheat meal! Of course! She heard chocolate somewhere in there, so all was good. They ate, and they were happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment